The Early Church (Discovering Orthodox Christianity)
The Early Church: from the Beginning through the Ecumenical Councils featuring Dr. Demetrios S. Katos and Dr. James C. Skedros
1. How was Jesus looked upon during His time? How did people receive Him?
2. Some people call the Orthodox Church "the ancient Church." What does that mean?
3. How was Christianity influenced by its connection and relationship to the Roman Empire or the wider culture of the time?
4. What is an Ecumenical Council and what is its purpose?
5. How do the events of the first millennium still influence the Orthodox Church today?
Discovering Orthodox Christianity is a series of talks, shows, and presentations designed to introduce and explain the basic teaching of Orthodox Christianity. Sponsored by the Leadership 100 Endowment Fund the series covers a wide range of topics with the goal of educating the viewer in simple, easy to understand terms.
Additional information about Orthodox Christianity can be found on the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America website at http://www.goarch.org/ .